The first school did not flourish, and in the nineteenth century the charity was reconstituted and a new school built in 1868, on Coatham Road, on a site currently occupied by Redcarís Central Library. As the twentieth century unfolded this rCoatham SchoolĒ was to become one of the most successful grammar schools in the North of England, moving in 1963 to brand new premises on Corporation Road, in the building across the road from the present Redcar & Cleveland College.
1975 saw the amalgamation of the sixth-forms of Sir William Turnerís School for boys and the Cleveland Grammar School for girls to produce Sir William Turnerís Sixth-form College, and a further move, this time to Redcar Lane. With the advent of tertiary education in 1994, and the establishment of Redcar & Cleveland College, Sir William Turnerís has moved again, to the new part of the College dedicated to his name, which is to be formally opened in June 2001.
Sir William Turner, and the traditions of his schools and colleges, are just some of many important elements that make up the present Redcar & Cleveland College. The Foundation he established those three centuries ago continues to play a major part in College life. As he would have wished, he remains an important benefactor to all our students today.